I can't get tinyDNS to work as my internal dns server, no matter how hard I try. I deleted and readded the package, tried with different domains.. no luck.
2.0BETA5, build 16th of February.
Here's what I set up:
- installed tinyDNS package
- deactivated DNS forwarder
- under general prefs, set the dns IP to the IP of pfsense (192.168.1.1), gave my appliance the hostname it will user later: pfsense.domain.internal
- Used the tinyDNS wizard to set up the domain domain.internal
- the wizard added domain.internal as SOA, I added pfsense.domain.internal as A record with IP 192.168.1.1 and as NS record
- put the listening ip of tinydns to 127.0.0.1, listen to LAN and loopback (tried WAN, too)
- put in a firewall rule to allow all LAN traffic on UDP 53 (DNS)
- started the service, restarted the appliance
Interestingly, in the tinyDNS log i saw stuff it tried to resolve like "www.google.com.domain.internal
I am not that experienced with tinyDNS or pfsense, but I am quite sure I set up everything correctly...
What can I do?