pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: Cant access to web GUI  (Read 547 times)

Offline mitikoman

• View Profile
Cant access to web GUI
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:30 am »
I install pfsense 2.0.2 on NSA 3110 nexcom network appliance and WAN interface get ip automaticialy from DHCP server but i cant access to web interface after enter the wan ip address on any chrom, firefox, IE browser and etc.

http://www.nexcom.com/Products/network-and-communication-solutions/entry-level-appliance/entry-level-appliance/network-security-appliance-nsa-3110

Offline stan-qaz

• View Profile
Re: Cant access to web GUI
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:39:04 am »
Can you access it from the LAN interface?

Did you do this: http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/How_can_I_access_the_webGUI_from_the_WAN%3F

How can I access the webGUI from the WAN?

This is disabled by default for security reasons.

To enable this, first switch to HTTPS if you haven't already (System -> General Setup, change webGUI protocol). Note you may need to change the port number used by the webGUI if you port forward HTTPS on your WAN IP to an internal machine.

Then add a firewall rule on your WAN allowing the appropriate source(s) ("any" is highly discouraged for security reasons) to the destination WAN IP and port your webGUI is using.

Offline Klaws

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »
by default, you can only access the WebHUI via a LAN NIC. if DHCP is enabled on that LAN interface, access the WebGUI via the assigned default gateway's IP address. Or perhaps via the DNS name "pfsense.local" - I think that's the default name...

Offline stephenw10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:23:13 am »
If you only give it one interface in the initial CLI setup it will be labelled WAN and it will be open for connections to the webgui.
However that is a special case, as soon as you add another interface it will default back to blocking all incoming connections on WAN.

Steve