Netgate Store

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kejianshi

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331]
Cache/Proxy / Re: Problem with LightSquid Realtime Proxy Stats
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »
I had this problem with lightsquid also.   1.8.2 pkg v.2.32

I also found another issue, but both issues are caused by the addition of the LAN IP being added to the external cache manager block in squid when lightsquid is installed.  If my lightsquid is installed and working correctly I can see both the real time monitor and the logs.  All is well.  But then if I want to add a banned domain to the blacklist, I will get an error that my cache manage IPs are not valid.  This is caused because lightsquid inserts my LAN IP on the external cache manager line and apparently squid doesn't like that.  However, If I delete the LAN IP from the external cache manager, I can then add my banned IPs, however real time monitoring in squidlight will cease to function.

So, I have a choice.  Either the interface will allow me to have a functioning realtime monitor in squidlight or the ability to add and subtract black listed domains, but apparently no both simultaneously.

Packages / Re: squid stable stops working and can't be restarted
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:49:18 pm »
What you just explained sounds pretty close to what I am discovering.

For your 8GB system I would have expected that allocating 2GB "Memory cache" and 40GB HD cache
would have resulted in:

4% of 40GB = 1.6GB


The 2GB you allocated to Memory cache

= 3.6GB minimum ram used by squid as the caches fill which is very near what you show.
I like simple formulas for determining such things.
Maybe 5% or even 6% would be a safer start point than 4% based on your post.

Thanks for the post.

Packages / squid stable stops working and can't be restarted
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:46:17 pm »
squid stable stops working and can't be restarted.  This was really annoying.  I'm pretty sure this was happening because my squid cache settings were less than ideal causing squid to eventually crash and not even start on reboot. Un-installing the package and reinstalling didn't help either.  My fix, was to install the package, ssh to the box, go to command line and issue to clear the cache:

cd /var/squid/cache
rm -rf *

Then I rebooted the box and reloaded the squid package.   Adjusted my disk cache and ram cache from web interface.

There is also the issue that there is no clear matrix for setting up squid cache.  So far, to me it seems that physical ram (not hard drive size) will determine maximum cache size since the disk cache has to be indexed in ram and that adds up.  I'm going to try (physical ram / 2) * 25 = max disk cache

allowing 1/2 of my ram as ram cache (for me I have 3GB so half is 1.5 GB)
allowing space for 4% of my disk cash in ram, so that there should be at most for me 37.5 GB disk cache. 

I have yet to see a clear, safe formula for calculating cache allocation based on system ram (1st) and disk space (2nd) and it seems this should be a very simple, easy and clear calculation, not alchemy.  What I am 100% sure of so far is that too big disk cache will exhaust ram long before disk space.

OK - I'll do I'll try that tweak.  System has 1 nfe0 that I'm using on WAN that is 10/100.  The internet never gets to 100 much here.  I have 1 dual port PCIe Intel NIC that is 10/100/1000 and 1 single port PCI Intel NIC that is 10/100/1000.  Those are em0-em2.  The LANs are all disallowed to see each other to give my tenants privacy.  All The gigabit Intel NICs are set up as LAN ports.  So, will I have to apply this tweak for just the nfe(0) wan, the em(0-3) LANs or for all? I noticed the patches are different for each card type.

Hi all.  I was having a problem with very high MBUF approaching the limit.  Example  24460/25600.  This was fairly new.  Never happened before.  Normally, it would sit around  3460/25600 or so for many many days and never really change much.  The only things I had changed is I added squid stable and dansguardian to an otherwise absolutely vanilla setup.  So, I wiped the box and re-installed.  With no packages loaded, there was no MBUF issue.   After adding squid stable, there was still no MBUF issue.  After then installing Dansguardian, the MBUF problem returned.  So, I removed Dansguardian again leaving only squid stable and the MBUF numbers are back where they have always been.  Low. So, I figure this must be an issue with Dansguardian causing some sort of memory leak.
Anyway, it would be nice is it didn't do that because I like dansguardian. 
I'm using Pfsense version:
2.0.3-RELEASE (i386)
built on Fri Apr 12 10:22:57 EDT 2013
FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p13

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331]