: Oops, be carefull - this is a Captive Portal issue - happening on 1.2.1
I'm having the same issue.
I was running the 1.2 'stable' for a couple of month now (rock-solid by the way)
FreeBSD pfsense.kyriadfumel.local 6.2-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11 #0: Sun Feb 24 16:32:58 EST 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org:/usr/obj.pfSense/usr/src/sys/pfSense.6 i386
When I updated to 1.2.1 everything went ok, but...
No matter what, the captive portal wasn't answering anymore.
Note that the interface 'Opt1' was up, and PC's connected to my visitors network (a couple of RJ45 jack and WiFi AP's) were servering IP's, given by pfSense.
But No Captive portal anymore.
Shutting down the captive portal made my Opt1 network actif, all clients could connect to the net right a way.
What I figured out already two weeks ago is that the captive portal web server task, lighttpd isn't running on 1.2.1, on 1.2, it is (I use ps -ax ... to detect).
I 'think' that this can't be a driver (or any BSD kernel 7) issue, because the interfaces just work fine, as the DHCP server is (on all my interfaces, except the WAN).
When booting from CD (1.2 stable) everything works as before.
Switching off and on (with the web interface) the captive portal doesn't change anything.
The real question is : Am I the only one that is using the Captive Portal (with Local user manager authentification), what means that something isn't working on my side.
Well, I gues not, now I know that some else has the same problem.
Is there a way to 'clean install' from CD (version 1.2.1) instead of the proposed update/upgrade (which 'seems' to work well).
Throw me any questions you want... and I'll answer.