pfSense Gold Subscription

Author Topic: FreeRADIUS + LDAP - Cannot authenticate  (Read 640 times)

Offline mariows

• View Profile
FreeRADIUS + LDAP - Cannot authenticate
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:43 pm »
Hey everyone, I have a pfSense server with FreeRADIUS installed in a machine and a LDAP server in another one, and I would like to make users authenticate on RADIUS using a LDAP database, but I'm not being able to make it happen.

I've made some tests and I noticed the LDAP database is Ok. I could make that LDAP database work with Squid Proxy, and users can authenticate using their credentials from LDAP database. Also, to see if Radius is really working, I created a local user and I could authenticate just perfect fine. So, the problem is 100% sure with some configuration between LDAP->Radius.

My current config is:

ldap {
   #
   #  Note that this needs to match the name in the LDAP
   #  server certificate, if you're using ldaps.
   server = "192.168.4.154"
   port = "389"
   identity = "cn=admin,dc=cecvt,dc=com"
   password = ldap
   basedn = "ou=People,dc=cecvt,dc=com"
   filter = "(posixAccount)(uid=%u))"
   base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

I already tested the "uid=%u" filter, also the default filter and some others but still not sucess. Squid proxy wasn't working I solved using the "cn=%s" filter. Tried that on Radius, and nothing worked...

Can someone help me? Please =)

Offline plasticmandunk

• View Profile
Re: FreeRADIUS + LDAP - Cannot authenticate
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:30:42 am »
Hi, did you find a solutioin ? I think that the probleme can be the ldap configuration , if you look at your logg you'll see that the bind to the ldap can't be done. Maybe there is a probleme of certificate too.