Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: We're STILL hiring!  (Read 829 times)

Offline MontTech

• View Profile
We're STILL hiring!
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:45:44 am »
Resume to network at montgomerytech dot net   8)

Offline Taiidan

• View Profile
Re: We're STILL hiring!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:40:37 am »
You'd get more takers if this was a professional job posting with list of salary, benefits, job requirements and responsibilities, etc.

I and many others wouldn't waste our time for anyone who doesn't post a salary, that usually ends up in a will-you-work-for-half-market-rate? situation.

As always remember the golden rule of - "there is a shortage of qualified employees.....who will work for wage you want to pay"

Offline MontTech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:25:45 am »
Sorry...Didn't feel like writing up a full blown description in this re-post.  So what do we pay?  Well its based on experience but between $80K and $130K plus the normal benefits.  I'm really looking for someone we can train and mold.....say 5 years of experience as a Network Technician.

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:53 am »
130 might draw me away from current, if did not require relocation.. But its not much of a bump so what are the other ben's?

This so freaking true ;)
""there is a shortage of qualified employees.....who will work for wage you want to pay""
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.3.4_p1 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)

Offline MontTech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 05:14:11 pm »
We have all the typical bennies.....Health care, profit sharing, 401K, etc.

We just hired a person today, so we're back to full capacity for now.  Hope to have another opening in the spring.   ;D

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:54:58 am »
Saying you have 401k doesn't say much.. What do you match, what do you contribute on your own.. Company that matches dollar for dollar up to X% vs no match is not the same typical ben ;)  Company that contributes 5% into your 401k be it you contribute nothing or if your put in 5% and they match 5 and put in 5 is 15 going into your 401k..

Profit sharing - so bonus.. What %, what has been the history.. You can say you have profit sharing/bonus but if you last 3 years has been 1% vs max of ??

Health care - so fully paid, or you contribute and the plans you offer still going to cost me $$$ etc..

When you have another opening.. Might want to bait your hook a bit better if you want anyone to bite ;)
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.3.4_p1 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)