Retired > 2.3.3 Development Snapshots

pfSense version numbers

(1/6) > >>

pablot:
Hi, sorry if this is somewhere else on the forum or on any documentation, but I have not been able to find it.

How do I understand versioning numbering in pfSense?

I have just read that 2.3.3 is around the corner, but I'm already using 2.3.4-DEVELOPMENT... but 2.3.4 is not on the redmine of pfSense, only 2.3.3 and 2.4.0 are there... so... I'm kind of lost...  :o

JorgeOliveira:
You are running 2.3.4 (RELENG_2_3 branch), while the RC version is 2.3.3 (RELENG_2_3_3)

You need to change repository to stable (System > Update > Update Settings) and re-run upgrade procedure (console option 13). It should "downgrade" to 2.3.3 and business as usual. ;)

jimp:
If you are running 2.3.4, then you are on "2.3.x snapshots" (RELENG_2_3), which is "whatever the latest development builds of 2.3.x are".

We branched 2.3.3 (RELENG_2_3_3) off from RELENG_2_3 and it's got its own separate images (of which the release images are being tested now).

If you want to end up on 2.3.3, you need to do as JorgeOliveira suggests.

Or, worst case scenario, back up the config and reinstall with a 2.3.3 release image when it comes out.

pablot:
Ok, but is 2.3.4 a real version ir just a dummy one and  only 2.3.3 is they real one?

Also, what happens if I just leave my upgrade settings as I have now?. Will I stop getting daily builds when 2.3.3 is finally released?

kpa:

--- Quote from: pablot on February 15, 2017, 04:45:35 pm ---Ok, but is 2.3.4 a real version ir just a dummy one and  only 2.3.3 is they real one?

Also, what happens if I just leave my upgrade settings as I have now?. Will I stop getting daily builds when 2.3.3 is finally released?

--- End quote ---

If you leave your system as it is you'll be tracking 2.3.4 development builds which is probably not what you want. The release of 2.3.3 will not make any difference because it is a separate version branch from the branch where the development of 2.3.4 is happening (the RELENG_2_3 branch as mentioned).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version