The pfSense Store

Author Topic: BIND creating forward zone has an empty resulting zone config  (Read 250 times)

Offline jtl

• View Profile
BIND creating forward zone has an empty resulting zone config
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:10:11 pm »
Hello

(DNS name of my internal company has been changed to protect the innocent, etc.)

I'm trying to setup a forward zone in BIND [for example.com] so I can have certain records point to internal IP's on my LAN and the rest would go out to the internet to the public nameservers.

The problem I'm having is after I fill in all the values and save, the resulting zone config doesn't get created and thus this doesn't work.

I apologize if full-page screenshots aren't the best way to show my configuration, but here goes.

https://i.imgur.com/Soi5TOt.png

(With regards to the views. I already have different BIND views created that correspond with different VLAN's whose internal DNS hosts I want to keep separate from each other) 

Thanks
pfSense 2.4.2 - virtualized with PCIe passthrough on whitebox - 150/150 FTTH

Offline jtl

• View Profile
Re: BIND creating forward zone has an empty resulting zone config
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:08:54 pm »
Also forgot to mention. I was running 2.3.4 so I decided to upgrade to 2.3.4-p1 and no change. It did update BIND though.
pfSense 2.4.2 - virtualized with PCIe passthrough on whitebox - 150/150 FTTH

Offline albeus

• View Profile
Re: BIND creating forward zone has an empty resulting zone config
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:42:48 am »
I'm trying a simpler configuration (no views, only a zone with an "A" record). I have the same problem: the resulting zone config doesn't get created and the server does not reply to queries.

I'm searching online for some examples and documentation but I haven't found anything helpful.