Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: Pfsense <-> solaredge  (Read 1952 times)

Offline ldcarson

• View Profile
Re: Pfsense <-> solaredge
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2017, 08:53:00 am »
I recall I had a similar problem on my Solar Edge.  Ultimately I did not have time to deal with the cable (Long 300ft run) and trouble-shooting, so I installed a TP-LINK Pharos system, basically a wifi point to point system, except I only used 1/2 of the system and pointed it towards my house, used the TP-Link gui to attach it to the wifi system in the house and it has worked flawlessly for a year now.  You can buy the Pharos with 2.4 or 5GHZ, they are older units now but I just bought a backup unit (They normally come in pairs as they are designed to send point to point data from site a to site b and vice versa.  Of course my inverters are located about 250 feet from the house on a solar array that is on a ground rack system.  So basically you should be able to come out via cat5/6 cable to a wifi extender and make it work.  Assuming that your connector is functioning correctly.

Online stephenw10

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pfsense <-> solaredge
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 06:29:39 am »
If you're still having this issue I would go back to a very basic setup. No pfBlocker, no other packages. Check again. One of those things must be causing this problem.

Steve