pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: Can't login to a node from WAN but can from LAN???  (Read 151 times)

Offline LBP

• View Profile
Can't login to a node from WAN but can from LAN???
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:17:16 pm »
I have multiple model CCTV DVR's setup. I'm able to login to DVR model1 from WAN and LAN. However, I can only login to DVR model2 from LAN and not from WAN. I've duplicated the Rule and NAT from DVR model1 and then changed the IP and ports from model1 to model2. I can't figure out if there's anything else I should be changing? When I test if the port is open from a 3rd party site for DVR model2, the port is open. Any ideas on what else it could be?

Additional info, I have multiple DVR model1's setup. The DVR model2, I only have one of. Essentially, it's a higher quality DVR that I'm trying to test out before upgrading all of my model1's. I can't imagine it's the DVR that's my issue since I'm able to login from a LAN connection to it.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this is relevant or not, but I have multiple LAN's setup. I'm able to login to the model2 that's on LAN2 from LAN1.

Offline LBP

• View Profile
Re: Can't login to a node from WAN but can from LAN???
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »
Any ideas on this one? Did I post this in the wrong section? Does it belong under firewalls? I'm tempted to setup another DVR model1 under the same IP address as DVR model2 and install it in-place of DVR model2's location to see if I can login to that from the WAN. Not really sure what else to try other than that???

Offline mlanner

• View Profile
Re: Can't login to a node from WAN but can from LAN???
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:11:27 am »
@LBP Not sure what your exact setup is, but I found that going from 2.3.4 to 2.4.x broke my long-working setup. You can find my ramblings here:

https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=138457.0

Maybe it helps you too...