Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: Ports Blocked through VLANS?  (Read 126 times)

Offline MrR0b0t

• View Profile
Ports Blocked through VLANS?
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:39:38 pm »
I am having a strange problem with ports passing between VLANS.

I have a Primary LAN interface (10Gig Fibre) with 12 x VLANS associated to this Interface.

I also have an OpenVPN server running on the PFSense.  I initially noticed the issue when I could VPN into the network and get ICMP responses to all of my devices and web gui into some devices on port 80.  However, I noticed when trying to manage a printer running on port 8000 that I could not connect to it's web gui.  I could also not VNC or RDP into any of my devices though I could connect o SMB shares just fine.  I have been banging my head against the wall for weeks now trying to open up the required ports between interfaces with no success.

I have recently discovered that the same problem is true when connecting from any of my VLAN's into the Primary LAN network.  Has anyone experienced this before or can offer any suggestions of how to remedy this?

Offline asdf1nit

• View Profile
Re: Ports Blocked through VLANS?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »
I have a similar setup with a 10G lagg and 8 vlans and a native lan and have no trouble. Have you checked your vlan interface for the block bogon(RFC 1918) networks check box? If that is set, local subnets won't pass between the vlans. Also do you have at least a pass-all-out rule in each vlan? You can get specific and block to other vlans if you want but if I remember correctly I had to at least add that rule.