pfSense Gold Subscription

Author Topic: Fresh install on /SG-4860 - Factory Image?  (Read 130 times)

Offline iculookn

• View Profile
Fresh install on /SG-4860 - Factory Image?
« on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:00 am »
Hi

I need/want to do a fresh install on my /SG-4860 after a buggy snapshot screwed up my system. Reading the manual it talks about downloading
Code: [Select]
pfSense-netgate-memstick-ADI-2.4.1-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz from the portal ONLY if I have a subscription. So just want to be 100% clear, the subscription is the "Gold Subscription $99.00 for one year" and not a support subscription?

While I want to do a clean install, I don't really want to manually redo all my DHCP Static Mappings. Is there any way to export/import just those?

Thanks

Offline NogBadTheBad

• View Profile
Re: Fresh install on /SG-4860 - Factory Image?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:38 am »
https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-4860/reinstall-pfsense.html

Backup everything pre fresh install.

After you've configured the interfaces, etc ... import the backup, just restore DHCP server, the setting is under the Restore area.

You'll need to use pfSense-CE-memstick-ADI-2.4.1-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz

Offline BlueKobold

• pfSense rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh install on /SG-4860 - Factory Image?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:01:41 am »
I need/want to do a fresh install on my /SG-4860 after a buggy snapshot screwed up my system. Reading the manual it talks about downloading
Yes and this is owed to the circumstance that the SG-xxxx units from pfSense or Netgate should be sorted with that
ADI image nothing more and nothing less. It came pre configured and is matching well to the SG-xxxx units.

Code: [Select]
pfSense-netgate-memstick-ADI-2.4.1-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz
from the portal ONLY if I have a subscription. So just want to be 100% clear, the subscription is the "Gold Subscription $99.00 for one year" and not a support subscription?
You will be able to download it here too, and not only over the subscription based Netgate account!
Please go here and chose the following: official pfSense download page
- Version as example 2.4.1
- ADI image
- download server

Please see the attached image to chose the ADI image

While I want to do a clean install, I don't really want to manually redo all my DHCP Static Mappings. Is there any way to export/import just those?
Do a config backup and export the config xml file first
Greetings from Germany
Frank