The pfSense Store

Author Topic: Guest Wi-Fi using on-board adapter  (Read 383 times)

Offline dotdash

• View Profile
Re: Guest Wi-Fi using on-board adapter
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 10:20:52 am »
This is getting a bit overblown. Especially as, while we don't always agree 100%, I think you (johnpoz), and Derelict are two of the most helpful people on the board. Yes, I suggested a user contact the reseller- for a hardware issue.
The point I was trying to make, is that a wireless board exists, where people can presumably ask questions about using wireless cards in the actual firewall. Telling them it is not best practice is fine. What I thought was out of line was (and perhaps I was reading too much into it) that a new user was being told that he was not deserving of help because he bought some hardware that a mod did not approve of. I have lots of 'official' hardware, and have in the past told people that they should get some decent hardware (like an adi) when they were running on flaky garbage. The OP had a configuration question. I don't like the implication that if you don't have approved hardware, you are not welcome to ask questions. I don't think Derelict meant that, but his response was not in his usual character. How about I buy the fist round of  Old Man Grumpy Ale http://www.gooseisland.com/our-beers/old-man-grumpy and we can all get back to normally scheduled programming?