Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: pfSense ACME 0.1.23 Package Google Cloud DNS Question  (Read 137 times)

Offline armouredking

• View Profile
pfSense ACME 0.1.23 Package Google Cloud DNS Question
« on: December 01, 2017, 01:24:28 pm »
I scrolled through the GUI list but didn't see Google Cloud in there. I don't think nsupdate will work but I do know that Google has a system for updating remotely. Is there support for Google's Cloud DNS or will there be any added in the future?

Offline homer2320776

• View Profile
Re: pfSense ACME 0.1.23 Package Google Cloud DNS Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »
You have to set it to DNS-Manual for the time being. It'll give you the details you need to use to make a TXT DNS Record for verification.

Offline armouredking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:56 pm »
You have to set it to DNS-Manual for the time being. It'll give you the details you need to use to make a TXT DNS Record for verification.

I'm not going to manually do anything for an intended automation system. Work smarter not harder. I will continue using CloudFlare if I must, but I'm attempting to integrate my hosting under the Google umbrella for easier management. Domain registrar, DNS, GApps for Business, etc.

The question I asked is whether or not support is possible or intended and if so when.

Offline jimp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »
We support the providers supported by the acme.sh project. I don't see anything in their repository or issues about Google Cloud, so it's possible they are not planning support for it or there is no viable API to use it.
Need help fast? Commercial Support!

Co-Author of pfSense: The Definitive Guide. - Check the Doc Wiki for FAQs.

Do not PM for help!

Offline armouredking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 02:26:32 pm »
Ugh, there was an issue for it but it's now closed. 15 days ago. I remember it from last year and assumed it would have been added by now. Guess CloudFlare will have to be it.