windows file share in DMZ

(1/4) > >>

kuberan:
Good Day people

I have
WAN:x.x.x.0/26
LAN: 192.168.0.0/20
DMZ: 192.168.18.0/24

There are a few devices, servers and NAS in the DMZ and they all have the same rules at the moment in the DMZ interface.
I have web access from the LAN to both NAS and windows servers, and RDP to Windows Servers. Also for the file share on \\NAS-1\ShareName I have access from the LAN also if I use the NAS IP \\192.168.18.x\.

My problem is that I can not access the windows shared folder.. not with\\WinSeverName\ nor with \\192.168.18.x <IP Addresss>.

All ports seem to be open for all protocols IP*

What I am missing here?

Thanks

marjohn56:
If they are all on the same LAN segment then I would suggest looking at the machine itself, i.e. go to the advanced sharing options on the server and check there.

The only time I have had problems with Windows, well as far as sharing goes, I've had lots of other problems, is when the something in the sharing options was not configured correctly.

KOM:
Probably the Windows firewall.  I think it's set to block traffic from outside the local subnet.  Disable it and see if that helps.

kuberan:
@KOM, the windows firewall is turned off... the only FW is pfSense and that has IP* open to and from the LAN

@marjohn56, they are on different subnets and all other services work to and from them  but the file share.

marjohn56:
What is the IP and mask of the offending device and the same info from the machine trying to connect to it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version