pfSense English Support > General Questions

Add Second Hard Drive (Solved)

(1/4) > >>

NollipfSense:
Last night when I got the issue with the second hard drive sorted, I format it with the v. 2.4.2 installer; however, I didn't think it through when I was doing it. So I got the following...see pic. When I then tried to erase the drive or modify, I keep getting invalid argument or option i not specify, I believe and it doesn't matter whether I do it on the PFSense machine or the webconfigurator. I don't need a boot track nor a swap track. (Correct input should have been: gpart destroy -F ada1)

Should I just leave it as is? if that's okay, then how do I transfer or move all user data (admin) to ada1? These are the files I need to move:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap.sh

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/clamd.sh

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/dnsbl.sh

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sqp_monitor.sh

Of course, I wish there was an official method sticky to address this.

NollipfSense:
Okay, found this (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-adding.html) and got it set up correctly now...see pic. However, when I executed the final step (/dev/ada1p1   /newdisk   ufs   rw   2   2) I got dev/ada1p1: permission denied.

How to resolve that? I thought I am already the sole root user.

NollipfSense:
No one...where are the elders? The FreeBSD forum it seems doesn't like or want to answer questions regarding PFSense...I went there for this question: "cam status unconditionally re-queue request" that I also posted here. They helped however, the admin quickly pointed me to their policy since I mentioned Pfsense.

When one is new to PFSense, sometimes the handbook doesn't make sense because one the new to everything...especially, if one is coming from a GUI world such as MacOS.

NollipfSense:
So, the handbook doesn't make any reference on the disk adding page that one needs to use vi editor to add the new drive...and based on Google I wasn't the only one having problems doing this...sadly.

Now trying to figure out how to use the editor.

Grimson:
First learn how to use SSH or use the local shell, the WebUI is not meant for this kind of usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version