pfSense English Support > Traffic Shaping

Traffic Shaping

(1/1)

Havok:
Noob question

I don't have much for DL/UP speeds but I did use traffic shaping for my web sites and yes it did seem to help. But I'm a old timer and have run a BBS going back to 94 and not my telnet port has lag, is there any easy way to add port 23 to traffic shaping to Higher Priority?

Thanks before hand

KOM:
"Easy" is a relative term.  Provide some details of the shaper you chose (PRIQ, HFSC, FAIRQ etc) and how you have configured it for anyone to help you.

Havok:

Hello thanks for the reply, have not been around due to the flu!

Guess I need pfSense for Dummies

About all I know it I did the shaping through the tab Firewalls and then clicking Traffic Shaping the only thing I set was my download and upload speeds and the setting HTTP to a higher priority on the dedicated link

Hope this helps some, thanks

Nullity:

--- Quote from: Havok on January 07, 2018, 06:42:03 am ---
Hello thanks for the reply, have not been around due to the flu!

Guess I need pfSense for Dummies

About all I know it I did the shaping through the tab Firewalls and then clicking Traffic Shaping the only thing I set was my download and upload speeds and the setting HTTP to a higher priority on the dedicated link

Hope this helps some, thanks

--- End quote ---

Read the pfSense wiki. After some learning, struggling, and trial & error experimentation, return to tell us how we can help you.

I do not envy experiencing the pfSense learning-curve... but, we are happy to help after you've felt our pain. :)

Havok:

--- Quote from: Nullity on January 07, 2018, 03:54:51 pm ---

--- Quote ---
Read the pfSense wiki. After some learning, struggling, and trial & error experimentation, return to tell us how we can help you.

I do not envy experiencing the pfSense learning-curve... but, we are happy to help after you've felt our pain. :)

--- End quote ---

Laughing, understand!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version