The pfSense Store

Author Topic: Need settings explanation  (Read 123 times)

Offline DonKarnage

• View Profile
Need settings explanation
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:15:08 am »
Hello all,

I need help understanding a setting that existed on my old 2.3 install I believe automatically when I installed pfBlocker and DNSBL but did not exist after updating to 2.4 and latest version of pfBlocker.

What I am in question about is a line under custom options of the DNS Resolver: "server:include: /var/unbound/pfb_dnsbl.*conf"

Without that line then on the Dashboard under pfBlockerNG their is a red X next to DNSBL and it says inactive.
With that line then it has a green check mark and is running.

Either way under service status it is active with a green check "dnsbl   pfBlockerNG DNSBL Web Server"

I have searched and cant figure out why this is as none of the guides say anything about having that line in the resolver.

I would appreciate if someone could educate me on this and guide me to the proper setup, for information I am running this install off of ZFS on USB drives with RAM Disks, no Hard drive.

Thank you!

Offline BBcan177

• View Profile
    • Click for Support
Re: Need settings explanation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:05 am »
Ram Disks aren't really recommended for packages, as they store the package data in the /var folder which with RAM Disks is all lost on a reboot....

So when you do reboot, you will need to run a Force Reload - ALL to get everything working again.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

| http://pfblockerng.com | Twitter @BBcan177  | #pfBlockerNG |