Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: [Solved] Playing with shaper, PHP ERROR: Type: 1, File: /etc/inc/shaper.inc,  (Read 297 times)

Offline apara

• View Profile
So, I was playing with traffic shaper and for one of the networks, (ExpressVPN, I think), I entered 50%.  Suddenly, I get an error that looks like this:

PHP ERROR: Type: 1, File: /etc/inc/shaper.inc, Line: 230, Message: Call to undefined method altq_root_queue::GetParent()   @ 2017-12-31 16:56:56

So, yea, perhaps this is not a proper policy and it does not have this method or I never created a parent, but now, every time I go into traffic shaper, I get that error.  How do I recover from this?  I cannot get back into the Traffic Shaper part of the UI.

2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (amd64)
built on Tue Dec 12 13:45:26 CST 2017
FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p6

I can ssh into the system, but don't quite know what file to modify and where this information is stored.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:36:39 pm by apara »

Offline apara

• View Profile
Ok, looks like there is a great configuration version management built into this thing, so I am just going to roll back to the previous configuration. 

Offline apara

• View Profile
I spoke too soon.  I rolled back to the previous configuration.  However even though it was successful, I was still not able to get into the traffic shaper menu.  So, I thought (wrongly) of rebooting the box, perhaps it did not re-read the configuration.  The machine did not come up after the reboot.

Bummer.  Where do I go from here?  Do I need to do a complete re-install?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:53:24 am by apara »

Offline Gertjan

• View Profile
I spoke too soon.  I rolled back to the previous configuration.  However even though it was successful, I was still not able to get into the traffic shaper menu.  So, I thought (wrongly) of rebooting the box, perhaps it did not re-read the configuration.  The machine did not come up after the reboot.
What showed up on the console during booting and startup ?

I can ssh into the system, but don't quite know what file to modify and where this information is stored.
You saved the config, right ?
Use a decent text editor and have look at the xml file. You'll find all kind of sections. I advice you to completely remove the section related to the shaper part, and reload it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:01:21 am by Gertjan »

Offline apara

• View Profile
Well, at the moment, I am not able to even login into the UI and the firewall does not seem to be coming up so the whole machine is not accessible on the network.  I am trying to find a VGA cable to connect it to the monitor so I can see what's going on on the console.

I did save the copy of the configuration right after I updated to the latest version.  Assuming I am able to get onto the box, is there a way to manually replace the configuration? 

Offline apara

• View Profile
Ok, so, during the boot sequence I see the same error message with the shaper.  I cannot reach the machine via network, but I do see the shell menu. 

Should I reset to default configuration and they try to upload my configuration again?  Is it just a matter of uploading a new configuration?

Offline apara

• View Profile
Ok, so using the console I reset back to the factory configuration and was able to access the Web Configurator again.  Then I uploaded my previous configuration and things are back up and running.