pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: Access to pfsense webui from other vlan  (Read 292 times)

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
Re: Access to pfsense webui from other vlan
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 04:55:06 am »
Can your PC ping the IP of pfsense lan?  Do a trace route.. Your pc should hit 10.100.64.1 and then 192.168.1.1

If you can not ping pfsense lan - then no your never going to get to the internet... Its simple outbound nat that is set when you create the route..

Post up your lan rules on pfsense, and you outbound nat rule and your routes... And your traceroute from you client pc..

Why are you creating tags now??  Makes ZERO sense to do that...
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)

Offline Wroxc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 07:50:31 am »
Can your PC ping the IP of pfsense lan?  Do a trace route.. Your pc should hit 10.100.64.1 and then 192.168.1.1

If you can not ping pfsense lan - then no your never going to get to the internet... Its simple outbound nat that is set when you create the route..

Post up your lan rules on pfsense, and you outbound nat rule and your routes... And your traceroute from you client pc..

Why are you creating tags now??  Makes ZERO sense to do that...

my thread hijacked :(

he is using a l3 switch and that switch doesnt supports nat so where will it throw the traffic.
He can create vlan and do intervlan on pfsense simple as that.

Offline Wroxc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 07:54:45 am »
i hope that my problem will be solved if i tell pfsense that to reach the ip subents for vlan 5, and vlan 30 route them via lan interface rather then nating.

Offline mandeepmails

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 08:43:36 pm »
Everyone,

i've ripped apart all the configurations from the PFSENSE box and re-installed it. Configured it again as i know this is capable for meeting my requirements. But not able to achieve it.

The PC has 3 NICs
BGE0 - used for WAN PPPoE i.e., setup and works
RL1 - used with my Home Network 192.168.1.X i.e., setup and works
RL0 - for the LAB Network 10.100.64.X and 10.100.65.X i.e., Not Working (where i need your help)

For the LAB Network to be able to access the Internet and accessible from the outside home
I use it with my study partner to access the virtual machine (using Team-viewer or Anydesk etc)

Now, what is happening...
i have the direct ethernet cable going from the RL0 to the Cisco Switch 3560 Port 18 (which doesn't support NAT)
The virtual machines can't access the outside websites
And as a matter fact the virtual machines aren't accessible from other 192.168.1.X (home network)

I would be really happy to see it work flawlessly and for the same reason i've done all the required configurations on both devices (PFSENSE and Cisco Switch)

I understand what it looks like but not happening

Offline mandeepmails

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 08:48:05 pm »
snailkhan@ i'm opening new fresh post if you feel it's not exactly the same scenario..but i guess similar issue existed for me when i tried accessing webgui for Pfsense using my lab network it didn't work.

anyways i hope it works. Thanks for all your help.

see you there.