Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: upgrade to 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 seen as new network on every reboot  (Read 147 times)

Offline dork.buttons

• View Profile
upgrade to 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 seen as new network on every reboot
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:40:53 am »
Hi --

I'm running an SG-2440 bought in summer of 2015 from Netgate and my LAN IP is on a bridged interface.  The bridge has a MAC address assigned to it. 

Back in 2.2 days, I added the MAC so that i could restart the box without Windows seeing a new network after every restart. 

Over the weekend I upgraded to 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 from the GUI and I'm noticing now that after a restart Windows is back to seeing a new network - this has happened after each restart now. 

The lan bridge interface still has the MAC assigned to it. 

Also, the 2440 is now running the community release.  It's running fine, and I'm not under support any longer - is this to be expected? 

Thanks!

Offline dork.buttons

• View Profile
Re: upgrade to 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 seen as new network on every reboot
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:00:32 am »
This may be related to offloading the hardware checksum.  I was seeing a lot of complaints about invalid checksums in packets sent to my VPN from Suricata, with a recommendation that hardware checksum offloading be disabled.

I did so, restarted the FW, and on restart did not get the new network notification. 

Still curious about the CE vs Netgate release and about whether the checksum offload setting should, in the experience of the gurus, have somehow made the bridge address look new each time the system started?