Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: Anyone have a rule for blocking autoplaying trailers while browsing on Netflix?  (Read 287 times)

Offline ProxyMoron

• View Profile
Is it possible? I've actually just cancelled my Netflix sub because of this but wanted to make sure i couldn't block it using pfBlockerNG.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:11:25 am by ProxyMoron »

Offline Grimson

• View Profile
Take a close look at your username, SCNR.

Offline ProxyMoron

• View Profile
Take a close look at your username, SCNR.

You mean the first bit or the second bit ;)

Either way put them both together and what do you get  ;D

Interesting point though - but if i set up a proxy how would that help? 

Offline Grimson

• View Profile

Well pfBlockerNG can only filter/block connections (IPs or domains), so it's either access to Netflix servers or not.

A proxy can do content filtering/manipulation, so if you want to modify the content a proxy is your best chance. You now have a steep learning curve ahead of you, good luck.

Offline ProxyMoron

• View Profile

Well pfBlockerNG can only filter/block connections (IPs or domains), so it's either access to Netflix servers or not.

A proxy can do content filtering/manipulation, so if you want to modify the content a proxy is your best chance. You now have a steep learning curve ahead of you, good luck.

Hmm, finally an excuse and reason to get stuck in. Would something like Squid be a good starting point here?

Offline drewsaur

• View Profile

Hmm, finally an excuse and reason to get stuck in. Would something like Squid be a good starting point here?

I love this stuff as much as the next guy, but since this is likely a moving target, you could spend the same time mixing some nice drinks and making popcorn while the trailers play. :)

Cheers!

Offline ProxyMoron

• View Profile

I love this stuff as much as the next guy, but since this is likely a moving target, you could spend the same time mixing some nice drinks and making popcorn while the trailers play. :)

Cheers!

They are just so damn annoying though - why they would choose to do this i have no idea.