Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: Default IPv4 rule blocking port forward  (Read 154 times)

Offline twistable_deer

• View Profile
Default IPv4 rule blocking port forward
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
Hey guys! So I am stumped on why my port forward and firewall rule doesn't work. So I was to port forward to my Deluge client over my VPN which I was able to do but when I check on an online port open website, it said that the port was closed. So I took a look at the firewall logs and I can see that the firewall is blocking incoming connections on my specified port 26418 by the Default IPv4 deny all rule but I can't seem to find the default rule to ensure my custom rule is above it so I suspect it's a hidden rule. I've attached a few screenshots so you guys can take a quick look to make sure I didn't goof when making the rule.

Thanks!

Offline Harvy66

• View Profile
Re: Default IPv4 rule blocking port forward
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:09:43 pm »
One thing that stands out is the destination IPs don't match. Your Rule is for 192.x.x. while the blocked traffic is for 10.x.x.x

Offline twistable_deer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:08:20 pm »
So after futzing around for a few hours, I find that setting the Dest.Address on my port forward to This Firewall opened up the port nicely and the firewall stopped blocking the incoming traffic.

Thanks!

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:28:11 am »
"port forward to This Firewall"

Huh... No that is not how port forwarding works..

Your trying to allow traffic in through a vpn client connection you have on pfsense to some vpn service?  Does this service support port forwarding?
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)