pfSense English Support > Firewalling

There were error(s) loading the rules

(1/2) > >>

choodee:
Hi Everyone,

PfSense 2.3.3-RELEASE

I can't seem to figure out where this problem is coming from which started a few months ago.  Now and then this error comes up and drops our internet connection for a split second.

There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:129: could not parse host specification - The line in question reads [129]: table <time_chu_nrc_ca> { time1.chu.nrc.ca./32 }

I tried adjusting the NTP Server values and looking at the firewall rules without success.  Appreciate all those who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

KOM:
Is this something pfBlocker stuffed into the ruleset or is this some rule you made?

choodee:
Hi Kom,

I'm using Snort but not pFblocker on the firewall.  I looked into my firewall rules and I don't have anything in there that would block time1.chu.nrc.ca./32.

thanks,

KOM:
Is there supposed to be a . at the end of the hostname?

time1.chu.nrc.ca./32

versus

time1.chu.nrc.ca/32

What rules do you have that refer to this time server?  I use time.nrc.ca for my NTP def but there is nothing in the rules about it.

choodee:
That's where I'm having issues.  I don't have time1.chu.nrc.ca referenced anywhere in NTP or in firewall rules.  I use 1.ca.pool.ntp.org, 0.ca.pool.ntp.org and ca.pool.ntp.org for my time servers so i don't know where this error is coming from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version