Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: NAT'ing  (Read 490 times)

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
Re: NAT'ing
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 03:30:36 am »

Dude you have yet to show something wrong... Sorry but that is FACT!!!  A firewall will block out of state traffic... All the blocks you were showing were out of state.. They were not SYN blocks..   

Calling it anything other than PEBKAC is what would be out of line here... Sorry been here 10 years...  If I had a nickel for every time someone said is this a bug... And bought cryptocoin with it I would be on my island with the yacht with its helicopter in the bay sipping a cold drink with my toes in the water and my ass in the sand.

Vs still here listening to people ask what is wrong, but can not provide any details to show the problem..

When you want to show us an actual problem that can not be explained by simple PEBKAC.. Then happy to help..  But sorry someone that would put a rule on interface that could never happen... Like you had shows clearly you do not understand how any of this actually works..

For future readers..  What exactly was not working here?  Other than you seeing some out of state blocks in your log?  Nat reflection??

Where is the state showing pfsense sent traffic to IP address 123 via 1:1 nat and then blocked the SA back?? 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:35:58 am by johnpoz »
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or
1x SG-2440 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (work)
1x SG-3100 Delivered 3/19 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)