1) get a spare CF card and downlaod the latest bios drivers
2) go to this link and follow the LBA image file part http://www.pcengines.ch/freedos.htm
3) using a USB card reader use physdiskwrite to copy the image file to the CF card
4) then go to windows explorer and copy the bios update files to the same CF card
5) create a file called autoexec.bat and in it type the command sb.com and save in same CF card and boot from this CARD and everthing should be fine
hey thanks for the help.
i tried as you suggested,i flashed the image and i copied over alix2.bin etc and sb.com over to cf.
when i went to copy over the autoexec.bat i noticed on the cf card a bunch of files , one was FDAUTO.bat
basically i put the cf card in the alix and waited for a while roughly 5 mins. i then took it out and flashed the CF card with pfsense latest snapshot.
it still didnt work or pick up an ip adress straight away. i reverted back to using m0n0.
i have a feeling that the FDAUTO.BAT causes the autoexec.bat not to work.
or it could be the CF card is no longer good. i have read about people using different CF and pfsense working again. unfortunately their is no extra cf to test atm
can anyone clarify please.