Retired > 2.0-RC Snapshot Feedback and Problems - RETIRED

pfSense crashed on Alix

<< < (10/10)

jlepthien:
Has any1 looked at my bt's? I just tried again with the 05/04 build and for almost a day now it runs stable. Problem solved or just a coincidence?

jimp:
It's probably just a coincidence. The version of FreeBSD-8-stable used in snapshots has been updated several times since those bt's originally happened, and many bugs have been fixed. It's hard to say what exactly helped without trying every snapshot in between :-)

adx442:
Just to chime in with my anecdotal evidence, I had the same problem with my Alix 2D3 board using a January snapshot, where it would crash within 8 hours to 1 day, and reverted to 1.2.3.  I'm now using the 2GB May 2nd snapshot for NanoBSD, and it's been stable on my hardware for about 3 days.

ttlinna:

--- Quote from: adx442 on May 06, 2010, 08:39:58 am ---Just to chime in with my anecdotal evidence, I had the same problem with my Alix 2D3 board using a January snapshot, where it would crash within 8 hours to 1 day, and reverted to 1.2.3.  I'm now using the 2GB May 2nd snapshot for NanoBSD, and it's been stable on my hardware for about 3 days.

--- End quote ---

I had problems also with January (and February and March and April) snapshots, but the disable hardware checksum offload trick worked for me (now using May 3rd).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version