pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: SOA writing routine broken (1.0.6.14)  (Read 5938 times)

Offline akula169

• yay for pfSense!
    • View Profile
SOA writing routine broken (1.0.6.14)
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »
Looking at the code, any time it finds a SOA record, it writes the (single) local bind IP of the DNS server into the entries, regardless of what IP address is assigned to the particular SOA record(s) for the other domain (writes out to /var/etc/dnscache0/root/server/<SOA fqdn> ).  The function in question is tinydns_create_soa_domain_list()

That certainly can't be correct.  Is this just placeholder code?  I started to try and patch it, but decided it was easier to just hard code my needs rather than submit the patch here.  Doesn't seem like anyone really pays attention to anything anymore here anyhow...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:20:11 pm by akula169 »

Offline akula169

• yay for pfSense!
    • View Profile
Re: SOA writing routine broken (1.0.6.14)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:41:56 pm »
ALSO...

Why would it be looking for the IPs of the catchall servers in /var/etc/namserver_* files instead of just grabbing them from the default configured DNS servers in the General settings of the router?

Again, before I added a file named "nameserver_remote" with the IPs, it was writing a zero byte file for /var/etc/dnscache0/root/servers/@

The bulk of tinydns_dnscache_forwarding_servers() could be as simple as this, no?

Code: [Select]
$fr = fopen("{$g['varetc_path']}/dnscache{$index}/root/servers/@", "w");
  foreach($config["system"]["dnsserver"] as $iprecord){
  fwrite($fr, "$iprecord\n");
  }
  fclose($fr);
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:35:34 pm by akula169 »