pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: Traffic shaping and borrow  (Read 1902 times)

Offline mamruoc

• View Profile
Traffic shaping and borrow
« on: December 17, 2011, 03:44:46 am »
Hello,

I have following setup. I use CBQ and every category har its priority (from 7 to 1).
Default is 1 and every queue has borrow enabled.

My problem is that whenever default is maxed and borrows everything available, when a queue on higher priority needs their traffic, default does not get dropped but still uses everything.

Default is 1 and ACK (highest is 7).

Anybody know how to solve my problem?

Offline Liath.WW

• View Profile
Re: Traffic shaping and borrow
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53:22 pm »
THB, I haven't been able to get anything other than HFSC to work properly and even then it doesn't do quite as I expect.

I thought of using CBQ myself, as in theory it would meet my needs.  But I also had a similar experience.  It seems that a lower queue would still eat up all of the traffic while higher priority traffic would be left with quite a bit of dropped packets.  I tries CBQ and priq with the same results.

I'd love to hear any resolutions myself.

Offline mahoon

• View Profile
Re: Traffic shaping and borrow
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:50:00 am »
Are you using squid with traffic shaper ?

if yes : Squid bypass traffic on port 80 , so traffic shaper can not catch the traffic , then the traffic port 80 and all of other uncategorized traffic flow on DEFAULT QUEUE.So you give 1 priority to Default Queue but there is no traffic matching other queues , therefore Default queue pretend to eating all of the available traffic.

if no : I recommend HFSC
Saygılar..