Dear Marcello and others,
I've tried several attemps to forward requests to multiple servers without any result.
I can't get it right. What is the problem? I want to have multiple servers running on port 80 (HTTP) as well as 443 (HTTPS)
1) Disabled the 'webConfigurator redirect rule' (System->Advanced)
2) Added Backends (Services->Varnish->Backends)
- What is the difference between Host and URL by 'Backend Mappings->Map'? - Performance metrics are not configured; I don't know what to do with it. - I've also tried leaving 'Backend Mappings' clear and configured those under 'LB Directors'. That's what I'm trying to accomplish.
- Backend name: WWW
- IPAddress: 192.168.12.1
- Port: 80
- URL: /
- Probe Interval: 5
- Probe Timeout: 1
- Probe Window: 5
- Probe Threshold: 3
- Backend Mappings: Map: Host, Match: Equals, Expression: www.domain.com, Grace: <empty>
3) Enabled Varnish (Services->Varnish->Settings)
3a) Listening port 80, management port 81; accepted all defaults
4) No NAT rules for port 80 (Firewall->NAT)
5) Rules, added listening port (Firewall->Rules->WAN)
5a) Proto: TCP, Source: *, Port: *, Destination: *, Port: 80 (HTTP), Gateway: *, Queue: none, Schedule: <empty>
It does not work?!?
Can you give me some examples about configuring 'LB Directors'?
I want also to be able to forward multiple HTTPS requests. If I understood correctly I should use HAProxy for HTTPS forwarding. Can HAProxy do both (HTTP & HTTPS)? Should I use both (Varnish & HAProxy) or is it better to use just one of them? What is best? Performance?
I didn't configured Postfix jet because of my issues with Varnish.
Thanks a lot,