The pfSense Store

Author Topic: A communications error occurred while attempting Filter sync  (Read 823 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline xoneral

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I Google a lot about this issue and never find out any solution that works for me, so I tried to investigate myself on that.

First, this seems to be a very generic message to tell that you have an issue with your HA. Anyway ..

On my PF master, I updated the /etc/rc.filter_synchronize, added (yeah sounds like a bad idea :D)

Code: [Select]
$cli->setDebug(true);
wherever I found a

Code: [Select]
$cli = new XML_RPC_Client()
This was not really required since it automatically sets debug on the second run (after a fail).

So I run php rc.filter_synchronize, it synchronises a lot of things successfully, and then it tries:

Code: [Select]
POST /xmlrpc.php HTTP/1.0^M
User-Agent: PEAR XML_RPC^M
Host: 10.22.254.252^M
Authorization: Basic snipped^M
Content-Type: text/xml^M
Content-Length: 203^M
^M
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>^M
<methodCall>^M
<methodName>pfsense.filter_configure</methodName>^M
<params>^M
<param>^M
<value><string>snipped</string></value>^M
</param>^M
</params>^M
</methodCall>^M

and never got any response, so it finishes on a timeout.

My guess is that is a remote function call of pfsense.filter_configure on the slave.

This bring me to

Code: [Select]
                        case "pfsense.filter_configure":
                                $function_to_call = "filter_configure_zeromq";
                                break;

and then

Code: [Select]
function filter_configure_zeromq($raw_params) {
        global $config, $g, $debug;
        $params = $raw_params;
        if(zeromq_auth($raw_params) == false)
                return ZEROMQ_AUTH_FAIL;
        filter_configure();
        system_routing_configure();
        setup_gateways_monitor();
        relayd_configure();
        require_once("openvpn.inc");
        openvpn_resync_all();
        services_dhcpd_configure();
        services_dnsmasq_configure();
        local_sync_accounts();
        return ZEROMQ_FASLE;
}

One of those commands get stuck and the synchronization does not process entirely. I will continue my investigations later.

(sorry for my poor english ^^')

Offline xoneral

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A communications error occurred while attempting Filter sync
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:42:07 am »
Hi,

Sorry to up this but it might help some people :)

I read somewhere in this forum that description can cause those kind of issues. So I cleared all the descriptions I had (interface, carp, firewall, nat, ...) and the error was gone.

Hope it helps,