pfSense Support Subscription

Author Topic: Need some testers for 0.93 before I release it  (Read 16490 times)

Offline sullrich

• View Profile
    • pfSense
Re: Need some testers for 0.93 before I release it
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 03:11:47 pm »
I installed 0.93 from the livecd.  I still get a pretty long wait at the 'Configuring OPT interfaces' (about 3 minutes) on boot up, but then after that everything seems fine so far.

dhclient on opt?

Offline thinair

• View Profile
    • nelsonpapel.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 03:20:16 pm »
nope, all are static and I entered the interface IP's manually.  I do have 5 OPT interfaces though, but 3 are down.
Nelson Papel

kurt

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 09:26:37 pm »
PPPoE on the WAN side wasn't working after a full-upgrade installation of 0.93.2.  I upgraded from 0.90a from 0.93.2 (I've had DNS & DHCP problems with 0.92) and found that I had no external connection.  The WAN interface reported being down after the installation and a subsequent resboot - no IP address, subnet mask, gateway.  Nothing.  I didn't test much further than this, but DHCP and local DNS services appeared to be working, as did the filters.  I didn't experience any delays configuring three OPT interfaces, but there was a 20 second delay configuring the WAN, but this happens with 0.90a as well.  I re-load 0.90a (same config settings) and the WAN started working correctly again.

I would be glad to re-install 0.93.2 and provide more detailed info if it would help.  (FWIW, The box is a Dell GX150 (1ghz, 256mb if memory serves), WAN is connected to the onboard NIC and the LAN/OPT1/OPT2/OPT3 are on two dual-port Broadcom extreme gig-e cards.)

Offline EmanuelG

• View Profile
    • GTRed Guatemala
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:48:40 pm »
After I upgraded to 0.93.2 I got some issues with dhcp client, after doing some tests the problem was due the NIC, replacing the WAN Nic to other vendor not 3COM, the problem was solved.

I have to add that I'm running my 0.93.2 version since sunday with no problems, and the performance was really improved, I used to have a 60-80% CPU utilization with previous versions, but now it runs smoothly at 5-10% !!!

I'm running TrafficShapping, NTop, and squid on the box, and everything is working superb...

Congratulations again to the pfsense crew, outstanding job!!!

Emanuel Gonzalez
Guatemala
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
Confucius