Retired > 2.2.3 Snapshots Problems and Feedback - ARCHIVED

wierd console loader issue on nanobsd alix

(1/5) > >>

xbipin:
i have this issue since 2.2.2 and so far now on 2.2.3 it still persists. When the alix boots, the loader provides the option to select slice and then the 5 second counter to press enter or goto shell, for me during those 2 stages my serial console will just display the info but wont let me input anything, i have tried almost 4 different serial to usb adapters and 2 serial cables but nothing helps, the console starts taking inputs once its booted completely after which there r no such input issues at all. I even tried a clean install thinking the loader might be broken during upgrade but that too doesnt help making the slice selection impossible to use

cmb:
This the same ancient ALIX you've had serial console issues with forever? IIRC it seemed like that ALIX was just broken, or else your client's serial console was.

xbipin:
ys same issue but i suffer the same on multiple alixes so it cant be all broke and that too y just the slice selection and press enter to boot only, rest everything works fine.

the reboot hang issue was a due to a fake Chinese chip in the adapter which was leaking signal back from transmit to receive lines so i found another adapter with a genuine chip and that reboot hang issue resolved

cmb:
In that case, likely the latter - your serial console isn't working. Which specific ALIX is this?

xbipin:
alix 2d3 and 2d13.

y is it that multiple alix broke all at the same time all at different locations and using different serial to usb adapters to connect to PC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version