Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: NDP proxy where are you  (Read 4879 times)

Offline kpa

• View Profile
Re: NDP proxy where are you
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2017, 10:16:48 am »
Keep it away from pfSense, stuff the matter in the face of your ISP instead.

Offline bimmerdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2017, 11:25:56 am »
Not trying to be contrarian, but ISPs are not exactly known for giving a sh*t about their customers. I googled "america's most hated companies". Comcast was number 1 and Charter was number 12. ISPs aren't any more well liked in Canada, for good reason. It's probably no different in a lot of other countries. Some people are located in areas where there are few or no alternatives.

As an engineer, it has always grated on me to pollute a design or an implementation in order to accommodate something because someone else didn't do their job properly or at all. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to accept such things. With respect to pfsense, the "Do not wait for a RA" setting could be considered such a thing. I'm not in a position to do any development, but thankfully marjohn56 had the same issue and he implemented a fix that works very well. pfsense has a few more users because of this.

Offline hvisage

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 01:16:32 am »
It is not a real world IPv6 problem. It is a completely broken ISP configuration. They need to fix it.

18-billion-billion * 256 addresses on one flat interface. Asinine. Don't host there.

Easier set than done ;(