Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: No way to download pfsense  (Read 4034 times)

Offline doktornotor

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
Re: No way to download pfsense
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 03:43:58 am »
And it works now. Except for you and other users of broken addons. Reminds me of the people who spam webmasters with emails about "broken" websites resulting from their usage of Noscript, or - oh, lookie, another piece of fine idiocy produced by EFF - LibreJS.

P.S. I am not a pfSense developer. As such, I'd reserve my right to express my feelings about idiots among programmers as I wish. Not sure about how's pfSense harmed by that, but pretty sure that EFF is harmed by releasing similar software brainfarts.

Do NOT PM for help!

Offline cmb

• View Profile
    • Chris Buechler
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 11:17:55 am »
Even HTTPS Everywhere shouldn't cause the issue OP describes. I keep the pfsense.org rules there up to date via pull requests on Github as needed. There are no rules to force HTTPS on any of our sub-domains. We never link to HTTPS on sub-domains. Never have.

If you want to download via HTTPS, do so via https://files.pfsense.org and not any of the sub-domain mirrors (some of which aren't HTTPS-enabled at all, some of which will give a cert error if you go to them by sub-domain since wildcard rightly doesn't match). Or just download from whichever one you want via HTTP, and use the HTTPS links we give you on the download page for the sha256 hash.

Nothing's changed in that regard for years, much less since May. Something on your system is broken if you're getting sent to HTTPS on our sub-domains.

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 12:56:56 pm »
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (home)

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 01:25:25 pm »
Https MITM on the client side maybe? Some infected router in the tracert path?

Offline cmb

• View Profile
    • Chris Buechler
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 01:36:56 pm »
Https MITM on the client side maybe? Some infected router in the tracert path?

Doesn't appear to be, the things he pasted show he's getting the *.pfsense.org cert, it just doesn't match because of the hostnames being *.something.pfsense.org (which is why we never link HTTPS to those).

BlueKobold

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 02:19:51 pm »
So I just hit this url
https://files.pfsense.org/mirror/downloads/pfSense-LiveCD-2.2.4-RELEASE-amd64.iso.gz
Works for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit together with latest FF and latest Opera browsers.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:25 pm »
Also works here, Ubuntu + latest FF.