Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall

Author Topic: Setup PPTP connection to remote network  (Read 128 times)

Offline merc

• View Profile
Setup PPTP connection to remote network
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:55:00 pm »
I've been looking through the documentation, and the forum posts, but I don't see a step-by-step guide on how to configure an on-demand PPTP connection to a remote network.  I found something using a virtual IP and creating a PPTP interface, but I think that it for setting up a PPTP server, which we don't want or need.  I need to be able to route requests from our network to the remote network, and to receive the response.  Is this possible?  If so, is there a step-by-step guide to configure this?  I have no control over the VPN, as it owned by another party.

Offline johnpoz

• Not a pfSense employee, they cannot fire me...
    • View Profile
Re: Setup PPTP connection to remote network
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:17:34 am »
PPTP has been deprecated for YEARS... it is no secure, it is DEAD... If you have some place that you need to pptp too.. You need to update that site/location to use a better vpn solution.  Something that has not been compromised over 5 years ago.. Something secure lets say ;)
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
- Please don't PM me for personal help
- if you want to say thanks applaud or https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
1x SG-2440 2.4.3-RELEASE (work)
1x SG-3100 2.4.3-RELEASE (work)
1x SG-4860 2.4.3-RELEASE (home)

Offline Derelict

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Use this diagram to describe your issue.
The pfSense Book is now available for just $24.70!
Do Not PM For Help! NO_WAN_EGRESSTM