pfSense Gold Subscription

Author Topic: Multiple Questions [N00b]  (Read 848 times)

Offline saruman

• View Profile
Multiple Questions [N00b]
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:27:06 am »
Hi there,

I've installed the pfSense-2.0-BETA1-512mb-20091231-1025-nanobsd.img on my Soekris net4801. The WAN interface configures itself with the DHCP, OPT1 uses PPPoE. Now I run into troubles:

• DynDNS
    Is there any way to update my regfish DNS? I only need something like
Code: [Select]
wget -q -O - "https://dyndns.regfish.de/?token=$TOKEN&fqdn=$FQDN.&thisipv4=1&ttl=$TTL&ismx=$ISMX"
    on my WAN interface. See link below for documentation. Sorry, this is in german only. I don't know if there's an english version available, can't find it then. But if it's needed I'll translate it. The only parameter that has not been documented is the ismx=(0|1). This one defines if the DNS entry is used as a MX record.[/li]
  • Import CA
    Is it possible to import a whole CA into the certificate manager and not only the CA certificate? I want to re-use the CA I've built on my Debian server without rolling out new client certificates...
  • OpenVPN
    Is it possible to start two different OpenVPN servers which bound to different interfaces? I want to set up one server on my WAN interface and another one on the OPT1. Do I have to deal with uncommon firewall rules and how do I have to set up the routing stuff for that?
  • Outbound Loadbalancing
    I don't get it. :) As far as I have understood the outbound loadbalancing I have to create the necessary gateways in the Gateways tab under System -> Routing. When I create a gateway it always asks me for a gateway IP address but that might be dynamic because of the DHCP/PPPoE configured interface. How can I create a gateway then to form a Gateway Group?
Might be a bit confusing, sorry for that. But I hope anybody understands me and is able (and willing ;)) to help. Thanks!

http://www.regfish.de/domains/dyndns/dokumentation
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:33:23 am by saruman »