Netgate m1n1wall

Author Topic: 1.0.1 snmp no longer works against inside interface of a remote pfsense box?  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Sharaz

• View Profile
i have 2 pfsense boxes that form an IPsec vpn.  at my remote site, pfsense is running 1.0.1.  at my local site, its running 1.0-RC3.  my cacti graphing has been at my remote site since for quite a while, but im in the process of migrating it to my local site.  i currently have 2 mirrored cacti installs (one at each site) and this is the behavior im seeing:

the remote site can get interface statistics from the inside interface of the local pfsense (1.0-RC3).

the local site cannot get interface statistics from the inside interface of the remote pfsense (1.0.1).

last night was when i deployed what will be my new cacti install, and when i imported all my graphs and logs, everthing came up fine, except the remote 1.0.1 box.  is this behavior intended?

thanks,
jonathan
Jonathan

Offline hoba

• Administrator
  • What was the problem to this solution again?
    • View Profile
    • pfSense
At the remote end check the following option at services>snmp:

[X] Bind to LAN interface only
This option can be useful when trying to access the SNMP agent by the LAN interface's IP address through a VPN tunnel terminated on the WAN interface.

Offline Sharaz

• View Profile
well, ive not changed back to "up" yet, but snmp-get against it from this side appears to be working.  i would assume in another 4 minutes, he should be "recovering".

thanks hoba :)
Jonathan