The pfSense Store

Author Topic: IMSpector upgrade  (Read 7176 times)

Offline rambabu_mail

• View Profile
Re: IMSpector upgrade
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »
Hi, I have installed latest version of Imspector (i.e: 0.9-4). It is logging yahoo and msn chats perfectly. I have configured SSL certificate and SSL CA certificate both. But I can't see any Gtalk chats.

When I checked with system log I found below entries.

kernel: pid 53873 (imspector), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
   imspector: SSL get peer certificate error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
   imspector: SSL get peer certificate error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Are there anybody facing the same problem. Please somebody help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance

Offline billm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • UCSecurity - Technology discovery and ramblings
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
Hi, I have installed latest version of Imspector (i.e: 0.9-4). It is logging yahoo and msn chats perfectly. I have configured SSL certificate and SSL CA certificate both. But I can't see any Gtalk chats.

When I checked with system log I found below entries.

kernel: pid 53873 (imspector), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

Are there anybody facing the same problem. Please somebody help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance

I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue.  From what I can see in the code, this error would happen if the upstream server didn't present a certificate.

--Bill
pfSense core developer
blog - http://www.ucsecurity.com/
twitter - billmarquette

Offline rambabu_mail

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply bill,
Can you please explain how to configure it properly. I can see yahoo and msn chats but not gtalk. I have created the certificate through Cert Manager gui as an internal certificate and provided the same in Imspector configuration. Is this correct. Are there any steps required. Pls help.

Offline billm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • UCSecurity - Technology discovery and ramblings
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 12:04:01 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply bill,
Can you please explain how to configure it properly. I can see yahoo and msn chats but not gtalk. I have created the certificate through Cert Manager gui as an internal certificate and provided the same in Imspector configuration. Is this correct. Are there any steps required. Pls help.

You configured the Certificate Authority and the system cert?  That's all you should need.  Again the error implies that the Google server didn't present a cert (which is rather odd).  Maybe something else is intercepting your chats?

--Bill

--Bill
pfSense core developer
blog - http://www.ucsecurity.com/
twitter - billmarquette