pfSense Gold Subscription

Author Topic: Pfsense as PPTP client, routing issues  (Read 2481 times)

Offline semjek

• View Profile
Pfsense as PPTP client, routing issues
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:43 pm »
Hello,

have tried everything that came to my mind, nor any of the forum threads gave me a hint.. so writing here for an advice.

I have pfsense acting as a PPTP client on wan inteface. Internet is properly working for the whole NATed network behind pfsense including protforwards.

My question is: Is there a way to enable routed access to resources provide by ISP which a accessible on a private addresses to which I connect with pptp client. Via PPTP I receive public IP which is used for outbound nat to the internet. But, I still have local IP on the wan interface (10.x.x.x) via which I'm trying to connect to ISP's resources located in 10.x.x.x/24. With no luck.

This was working on a linux box which was in place before Pfsense, I have no clue why it's not working now. When somebody from the LAN pings server on ISP side, in a packet capture, on wan side, I see communication beween public IP and private ip of the server (on 10.x.x.x subnet). But none of the replies reaches the originating machine on my lan. Ping is also successful from pfsense itself.

Nat outbound rule is in place for lan segment, from which I even tried to make exemptions, with no luck.
Any pointer to the right direction is very much apritiated.

Regards
Evgeny

Offline Pumbkin

• View Profile
Re: Pfsense as PPTP client, routing issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »
I have exactly the same problem! Is there any workaround?

thx, Pumbkin