I made a small guide for those who want to install Pfsense on a Nortel Contivity 1600.
- Open up the unit and connect a CD/DVD drive
- Unscrew the motherboard and connect a keyboard and a monitor
- Boot Pfsense (i386) and install it on the hard drive (replace it with a quieter is recommended)
- Configure LAN with an interface and IP-adress (very important!)
- Fasten the motherboard, the PCI-cards and boot the unit and start using Pfsense!
More information: http://gondolin.se/blog.html#nortel
I could not post in the "Working specialist platform" thread, but maybe a notice in there could help others.